Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
The Facts and Knowledge of BT Corn
A 13-minute video to answer questions about genetically modified BT corn. Understand questions such as Why is it safe to consume BT corn? What is BT (bacillus thuringiensis) and where does it come from? How is BT corn (and other GMO plants) regulated?
Use the following time stamps for answers to the following questions:
- 0:00-3:30: Why is BT corn safe to eat?
- 3:31-4:47 What is BT (bacillus thuringiensis) and where does it come from?
- 4:48- 7:48 How was the BT gene added to the corn genome?
- 7:49-10:02 Who regulates BT corn (and other genetically modified crops)?
- 10:03-12:59 What does BT corn do for farmers?
Cutting Mat Science
University of Maryland