TedTalk- How to Fight Desertification and Reverse Climate Change
Secondary students can learn from scientist Allan Savory how and why fertile grasslands are changing into desert. It is a common belief that livestock grazing is causing or increasing this loss of rangelands. Discover a different cause and solution to this worldwide problem and how livestock can help.
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Homes on the Range
- The Remarkable Ruminant
- At Home on the Range (Grades 6-8)
- Journey 2050 Lesson 5: Land Use (Grades 6-8)
- Journey 2050 Lesson 5: Land Use (Grades 9-12)
- Carbon Hoofprints: Cows and Climate Change
- Climate Change Phenomena: Bananas in Our Breadbasket?
- The Carbon Cycle and Climate Smart Agriculture
- Making a Brand for Ourselves the "Cowboy" Way
- Where Does it Grow? The Science of Climate and Food