Summary 2019 — Texas
- Texas Farm Bureau Career Cluster Graphic(2 sided)
- PLANTING THE SEED, school visit curriculum update
- 2019 Teacher Resource Guide
- High School Biology Lessons: https://texasfarmbureau.org/ag-classroom-lesson-plans/
Major Program Impacts or Outcomes
- Texas Farm Bureau funded 39 Garden Grants of $500. County Farm Bureaus have provided additional funding for 27 grants.
- Texas Farm Bureau expanded our School Visit Program and saw 51,102 Texas Elementary school students.
- Texas Farm Bureau reached 2,037 teachers through the School Visit Program.
- Texas Farm Bureau reached 149 teachers through teacher workshops.
Jordan Walker grew up in a small Texas town, China Spring, where she grew to love agriculture as a little girl riding on the tractor with her grandfather in the hay field. Jordan learned to ride horses at an early age and made her home in the rodeo arena throughout middle school and high school. She went on to pursue a bachelor's degree in agricultural communications and journalism and agricultural leadership and development at Texas A&M University. After graduation, Jordan further pursued a master of science in education with an emphasis in higher education, also at Texas A&M. She has a variety of experiences in higher education that include working with students with disabilities, student leadership, and faculty. Jordan was named Director of Educational Outreach at Texas Farm Bureau in August 2019. Jordan loves merging her two loves - agriculture and education - in the work she does every day to increase agriculture literacy among today's young minds.