Daisy Comes Home
This is the story of six hens in China. Cared for by the young Mei Mei, the hens lay eggs for selling at the market. But one hen, Daisy, is not so happy. Picked at and plucked by the others, she is ousted from the clan and ends up taking a serendipitous adventure. When Mei Mei finally brings her back home, Daisy uses her newly learned skills to stave off the mean hens and gain a rightful spot on the perch. This engaging tale can be used to introduce any lesson involving chickens.
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Inside the Egg, Hatching Chicks (Grades K-2)
- Inside the Egg, Hatching Chicks (Grades 3-5)
- Be a DetEGGtive!
- Eggs in the World of Food Choices
- Eggology (Grades K-2)
- Eggology (Grades 3-5)
- Eggs: From Hen to Home (Grades K-2)
- From Chicken Little to Chicken Big (Grades 3-5)
- Eggs: From Hen to Home (Grades 3-5)