Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
How Did That Get in My Lunchbox?
This book teaches the steps of how the food in their lunchbox is produced and processed. Pictures and text illustrate the steps for bread, cheese, tomatoes, apple juice, carrots, chocolate, and a clementine. It also teaches about food groups and making healthy eating choices.
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Agriculture Counts
- Edible Numbers
- Let's Go Shopping! (Grades 3-5)
- Nutritional Value of Fresh Produce
- Agriculture and Me
- FoodMASTER: Meal Management
- Understanding MyPlate (Grades 3-5)
- What's on MyPlate? (Grades 3-5)
- Who Grew My Soup? (Grades 3-5)
- My Farm Web (Grades 3-5)
- Animal or Plant?
- Let's Go Shopping! (Grades K-2)
- Who Grew My Soup? (Grades K-2)
- My Farm Web (Grades K-2)
- A Day Without Agriculture
- Food Miles
- Homegrown in Your State: Fruits and Vegetables
- Cheesemaking: A Science, an Art, and a Craft (Grades 3-5)