Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
Ice Cream: The Full Scoop
Cool and smooth and sweet, ice cream has long been a favorite treat. It cools you off when it's hot and is too delicious to resist even in cold weather. How did it get to be so scrumptious? Ice Cream: The Full Scoop dishes out the latest scoop on ice cream production. Ice cream has come a long way from its humble beginnings as a mixture of snow, milk, and rice. This book details the many firsts in ice cream history, from the earliest ice cream crank to the original waffle cone. Children's mouths will be watering as they follow ice cream's journey from farm to factory to freezer.
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Survival of the Fittest: Comparing the Needs of Humans and Cows
- Energy's Journey from Farm to You
- Sun, to Moo, to You!
- Milk or Meat? Beef or Dairy?
- Milk Makin' Math
- Cowabunga! All About Dairy Breeds
- A Day Without Dairy
- FoodMASTER: Milk and Cheese
- FoodMASTER: Fats and Oils
- Milk, Sugar, Science: Engineering Ice Cream