Relevancy and Engagement agclassroom.org/
Planet Food Online Game
Have your students discover their own global food network by playing Planet Food—a two-part interactive game that introduces the concepts of interdependence and globalization through the geography of food. In part one, students see the ways food on their plate creates a map that criss-crosses the world. Part two will call on their critical thinking and geographic decision-making skills in an investigative journey as they consider different values and points of view while making a bar of chocolate.
National Geographic Society
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- The Columbian Exchange of Old and New World Foods (Grades 6-8)
- Who Grew My Soup? (Grades 3-5)
- The Columbian Exchange of Old and New World Foods (Grades 9-12)
- Who Grew My Soup? (Grades K-2)
- The Columbian Exchange of Old and New World Foods (Grades 3-5)
- Global Trade and Interdependence
- Food Miles
- Food Systems Feed the World
- Hunger and Malnutrition (Grades 3-5)
- Hunger and Malnutrition (Grades 6-8)
- Where Does It Come From?