Relevancy and Engagement agclassroom.org/
How a New Evolutionary Map Could Help Farmers Eliminate Fertilizer
Many key food crops require nitrogen fertilizer, which can have negative effects on the environment if not managed correctly. Other crops, such as those from the legume family have special nitrogen fixing characteristics which return nitrogen to the soil. Read this article to discover how scientists are trying to transfer the nitrogen fixing trait to other plants.
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Matter of Fact
- The Right Diet for Your Plants
- One in a Million
- Growing Pulses
- In Search of Essential Nutrients (Grades 6-8)
- The Right Solution
- Agricultural Land Use
- Know Your Nitrogen
- Plant Nutrient Deficiencies (Grades 9-12)
- Plant Nutrient Deficiencies (Grades 6-8)
- Can We Have Too Much of a Good Thing?