The Fruits We Eat
This book teaches accurate science about fruits and the production of fruits. It is a book of facts, examples, and illustrations. Facts taught include: How fruits are included in a healthy diet, different ways fruits are eaten, types of plants that grow fruit (tree, bush, vine, etc.), parts of a fruit, colors of fruit, and sweet fruits vs. tart fruits. The illustrations are very detailed and include many diagrams.
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Edible Numbers
- Give Me Five!
- Nutritional Value of Fresh Produce
- Why People Need Plants
- My Healthy Plate
- A "Sour" Subject
- Freshest Fruits
- Fruit and Vegetable Bingo
- Animal or Plant? (Grades K-2)
- Fabulous Flowers
- FoodMASTER: Fruits
- My Life as a Fruit or Vegetable
- Homegrown in Your State: Fruits and Vegetables