State Summary 2017 — South Carolina
- Ag Literacy Week - Before We Eat from farm to table
Written by Pat Brisson
Illustrated by Mary Azarian
with Lesson Plans and Activities
- Fall Harvest Ag-tivity flyers
- Spring Time Ag-tivity flyers
- Ag Combine Simulator - updated commodity information and worked on new film footage for the videos
- Ag Fact Folders
Major Program Accomplishments or Outputs
- Revamped our Ag Literacy Week programs and activities
- Added new commodity information to the Ag Combine Simulator
- Began the process to replace the current commodity film footage with high definition video and update technology for the units operation.
- Revised our SC Commodity maps with updated information and gave it a new look.
- Highlighted AITC with a workshop at our Youth Leadership Conference
Major Program Impacts or Outcomes
Over 10,000 students received agricultural instruction this year through our Ag Combine Simulator Mobile Unit and its accompanying lesson plan.
89% of Institute teachers surveyed said they planned to use AITC resources in their classrooms.
70% of this year's workshop teachers and Institute teachers communicate about AITC lessons used through e-mail, Facebook, etc.
More than 2,500 students were ready to during Ag Literacy Week.
Masters Degree in Curriculum and Instruction
SC Farm Bureau Director of Ag Literacy Programs Ag in the Classroom Program - 9 years service
Teacher for 29 years in both public and private schools and served as a Headmaster
South Carolina Independent School Association Master Teacher
Recognized by SCFB Federation as the 2005 Betty J. DeWitt Outstanding Educator Award winner and by the American Farm Bureau Federation as the White-Rhinehardt Agricultural Teacher Scholarship Award Winner
Prior to joining the SCFB Promotion and Education Division as the Director, she served as a contract presenter for the Ag in the Classroom Program