National Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
Search Lesson Plans & Companion Resources
Journey of a Gene
This website engages students in the genetic engineering process in a problem and solution format. The video series describes a plant disease in soybeans and then illustrates the steps in genetic engineering that could be employed to develop seeds that are resistant to the disease.
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Applying Heredity Concepts
- DNA: Expressions in Agriculture
- Double the Muscle: Probabilities and Pedigrees
- Farming, Food, and Heredity
- Genetically Modified Crops
- Roll of the Genes
- Sheep See, Sheep Do (Grades 6-8)
- Strawberry Breeding and Genetics
- Use of Biotechnology in Selecting the Right Plants
National Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix (2013) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.