National Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
Search Lesson Plans & Companion Resources
America's Heartland: Bachelor Sheep Ranch
This half-hour video will give your students a peek into the lives of sheep ranchers Don and Pete Meike (pronounced mikey), who say that time slows when they’re on the trail. These bachelor brothers have been running sheep into Wyoming’s Bighorn Mountains all their lives, a ritual and a responsibility started by their grandparents way back in 1901.
PBS: America's Heartland
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- At Home on the Range (Grades 3-5)
- At Home on the Range (Grades 6-8)
- Baa, Ram, Ewe... Sheep Tales
- Bartering Through the Seasons
- Changes & Challenges (1920s-1930s): Agricultural Hard Times and The Great Depression
- Clothes on the Grow
- From Wool to Wheel
National Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix (2013) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.