National Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
Search Lesson Plans & Companion Resources
Plants Feed Me
Plants Feed Me is an early elementary, non-fiction picture book about the plant foods we eat. This book describes which parts of plants are edible in simple accessible language using botanically realistic illustrations. Basic botanical science concepts of seed, sprout, flower, fruit, and plant structure are introduced with words and pictures.
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- A Garden Plot: The Tale of Peter Rabbit
- Dig 'Em Up
- Eat 'Em Up
- Fabulous Flowers
- Freshest Fruits
- Give Me Five!
- Luscious Leaves
- My Healthy Plate
- My Life as a Fruit or Vegetable
- Nutritional Value of Fresh Produce
- Plant Tops and Bottoms
- Snappy Stems
- Supreme Seeds
- Understanding MyPlate (Grades 3-5)
- Who Grew My Soup? (Grades 3-5)
- Who Grew My Soup? (Grades K-2)
National Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix (2013) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.