National Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
Search Lesson Plans & Companion Resources
Strawberry DNA Necklace
This kit allows students to take home visible proof that plants have DNA. Each kit contains enough supplies for 100 students to make their own DNA necklace. The kit contains cheesecloth, funnels, pipettes, test tubes, flasks, microcentrifuge tubes, and yarn, all in a sturdy plastic storage container. Refill kits are also available.
Utah Agriculture in the Classroom
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- DNA: Expressions in Agriculture
- Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) and Organic Foods
- Rock, Paper, Scissors - Dominant and Recessive Traits
- Strawberry Breeding and Genetics
- Use of Biotechnology in Selecting the Right Plants
- Wheat Germ DNA
National Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix (2013) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.