State Summary 2015 — South Carolina
* Ag Literacy Week - "The Cow in Patrick O'Shanahan's Kitchen" with Lesson Plans and Activities
* Fall Harvest Ag-tivity flyers
* Spring Time Ag-tivity flyers
* Ag Combine Simulator - updated commodity information and added stand up boards with commodity information so students can read and ask questions while waiting to get in the simulator
Major Program Accomplishments or Outputs
* Ag Literacy Week activities
* Added new commodity information to the Ag Combine Simulator
* Added stand-up boards with commodity information so students can read about the commodities before entering the unit
Major Program Impacts or Outcomes
Over 10,000 students received agricultural instruction this year through our Ag Combine Simulator Mobile Unit and its accompanying lesson plan.
89% of Institute teachers surveyed said they planned to use AITC resources in their classrooms.
70% of this year's workshop teachers and Institute teachers communicate about AITC lessons used through e-mail.
Masters Degree in Curriculum and Instruction
SC Farm Bureau Director of Ag Literacy Programs Ag in the Classroom Program - 8 years service
Teacher for 29 years in both public and private schools and served as a Headmaster
South Carolina Independent School Association Master Teacher
Recognized by SCFB Federation as the 2005 Betty J. DeWitt Outstanding Educator Award winner and by the American Farm Bureau Federation as the White-Rhinehardt Agricultural Teacher Scholarship Award Winner
Prior to joining the SCFB Promotion and Education Division as the Director, she served as a contract presenter for the Ag in the Classroom Program